Sunday, August 18, 2019

Focus on Art by Renee


(Please meet our friend, Renee, an accomplished artist. In her own words, about her: The first thing I ever asked for as a small child was watercolor paints. I sold my first commission piece in pastels at the age of 13. I have worked in many medias and am currently working with both acrylic painting and pen and ink.)

 

Hot Summer Night Original Acrylic canvas Board with Gold Metal frame Signed


 

"Hot Summer Night"  original acrylic on canvas board.  It includes a gold metal frame and is ready to hang on the wall.  It would make a great accent piece in a small space or in an office or den.  The outside edges are 14 1/4"  x 10 1/4 " approximately.  I will attach a certificate of authenticity to the back of the art work.  When summer comes to the southwest it is hot and dry and sometimes there is a stillness with not a breeze.  Everything radiates heat.  Idea for this painting came on one of those nights.  

Artists Statement:  As an artist I am always expressing what I see and feel.  I sold my first commission piece at the age of 13 and have never really stopped creating.  I have worked in numerous mediums: pastels, charcoal, watercolors, acrylics and pen and ink.  I have worked with the exotic animal industry and did both commission work and shows in the western states. 

I designed programs for shows as well as T-Shirts for state Animal Associations and National Shows.  I also sold greeting cards, t-shirts and designs to animal parks and zoos across America.  I have spent many hours with many different kinds of animals up close. I  am always curious and try new things.  I am currently working in pen and ink and acrylics.  I am inspired by the natural world both the landscape and the animals that live there. After spending many years in the Pacific NW I moved to the desert SW and am continually amazed at the mountains and canyons of the southwest and how they change their appearance.

Her Pen and Ink Prints are incredible, artistically catching minute details and the awesome personalties of her adorable models:





Find Renee, ArtsnEnds on Bonanza
or on Etsy, ArtsnEnds4

profile photo Click on the Burrowing Owl to read more about Renee.




No comments:

Post a Comment